Monday, April 7, 2014

Quick and easy, Raised Bed Garden.

Material 01

Material 01
Made 2 - 3'x6'x1' raised garden bed

Material 02

Material 02
I went to Lowes, anywhere is fine. Buy: 12 pieces of 1"x6"x6' 3 pieces of 2"x4"x8' Cut: 4 pieces into 8 pieces of the 1"x6"x6' into 1"x6"x3" 3 pieces into 12 pieces of the 2"x4"x8' into 2"4"x2' (save time, have the shop cut them for you) Note: They are treated wood. Total material cost around ~$85 (minus the tires)

Setup

Setup
On a flat surface (mine wasn't), layout the frame (upside-down) I used normal 2 inch screws I was going to use deck screws but they were a pain in the butt and were too long)

No Measuring!!

No Measuring!!
Since this thing ain't meant to look good, I simply used my 3' piece to center the middle pole

Meh but it works

Meh but it works
I used 2 screws for each connection point, they didn't line-up perfectly but that's a given since Lowes did the cutting for me. - Do the bottom (which is actually the top) sides first, then stack up the second layer (bottom).

Removal

Removal
I removed the old garden. I forgot to take pictures of digging the holes. Basically, I dug 12 holes of 1' deep (pro-tip, measure twice, dig once, also wait till the ground is complete thawed)

Level

Level
I used a big hammer and a yardstick leveler, it took a couple of tries to get it to an acceptable level (if a couple of wacking didn't help, I had to take it out and dig some more)

Material 03

Material 03
Got two of this at Dollar Tree, 1 buck/ea.

Finish-ish

Finish-ish
Here are the two beds with the weed barriers in. Just add dirt

A few tools

A few tools
Here are a few tools, missing is a screw gun, I did used a nailgun for the first frame to help me hold it together before the screws but I realized that was not needed at all. (also a thank you to my brother for some help, actually, he didn't do much)

No comments:

Post a Comment